Conventional Oil Change & The 3,000-mile Myth
There’s no question that conventional oil breaks down over time and will require regular conventional oil change service to keep your vehicle running at peak performance. For decades, the rule-of-thumb in conventional oil change service was every 3,000 miles no matter what. However, advancements in modern automotive technologies allow your Chevrolet car, truck, van, or SUV to travel much longer than 3,000 between Conventional Oil Change Service. At Feldman Chevrolet of Novi, we recommend that you always refer to your Chevrolet Owner’s Manual for the exact oil change maintenance interval for your specific Chevrolet make, model, and year.
How do I know if I need a Chevrolet Conventional Oil Change Service?
- The oil change indicator light is on
- The check engine light is on
- You have driven beyond the recommended oil change service interval
- You hear a knocking engine noise
- Your conventional oil is dark, gritty, or filthy